Saturday, January 19, 2013

Give us this day our daily oatmeal...

In the past, I've been really bad about keeping blogs going. This time will be different. This time I will be blogging about something I care deeply about: oatmeal.

I am not a dietician, or a nutritionist. I am a new mom, and I'm trying to lose that extra pregnancy weight. Based on my rudimentary research into diet and nutrition, I have come to the conclusion that oats are awesome, and should be a daily staple in my diet.

Often times oatmeal gets loaded up with sugar, which is quite bad for you. But oats can be delicious savory or sweet. Which brings me to today's oatmeal:


That's steel-cut oatmeal topped with baby spinach, red peppers, sardines, a poached egg, greek yogurt, and hot sauce. The flavors all blended together beautifully, though next time I might try smoked kippers instead of sardines. This bowl full of amazing food was 447 calories and packed 7 grams of fiber and 39 grams of protein.



No comments:

Post a Comment