Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mmm.... Pie?

Apple and cinnamon oatmeal topped with cream cheese and chopped pecans. Yum. Just delicious. I didn't add any sugar to mine, but I didn't miss it. Admittedly, this would be phenomenal with a bit of brown sugar, and apparently, both apples and cinnamon can help to regulate blood sugar levels. So perhaps a little bit of sugar wouldn't be so bad even for those counting carbs.

My daughter and I are visiting my brother and his family in Vermont, so we've taken the blog on the road. These folks had old fashioned rolled oats in the pantry, which interestingly have a different ratio of oats to water than steel cut oats. So I had to add some more oats half way through cooking so it wouldn't be too watery.

Today's oatmeal was only 300 calories, with 5 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment