Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chili with not corn bread

Ok I don't usually post recipes, mainly because I don't usually measure things while cooking. Today however I made a wicked awesome oat bread, and actually used measuring cups.

I highly recommend this recipe with a bowl of your favorite chili:

1 ripe banana, mashed
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon bourbon

Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in a baking dish, and put in the oven to melt. In a large bowl combine egg, banana, bourbon, vanilla, milk, and yogurt.
Mix dry ingredients, then fold into wet ingredients. Scoop the batter into the hot butter dish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until done.

This came out really delicious, and blended perfectly with my Brother's 3 meat chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment