Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter-birthday cake!!!

Today is Easter Sunday, and it is also my birthday. This happens once in a while, and my Easter-birthdays have been my some of my favorite ones.  I actually never really care much about Easter, unless it happens to fall on my birthday. Today was also Seraphine's first Easter, so that made it extra special.

For my birthday this year, I made a sugar free carob-banana oatmeal cake. The cake actually tasted great. I tried to make some sugar-free icing to go with it, but it came out really horrible.

Here's the recipe for the cake though:

2 ripe bananas
3 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 stick of butter
1 cup sweet whey powder
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup carob powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bunt pan.

In a mixing bowl combine eggs, butter, bananas, whey powder, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat thoroughly for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Fold in the dry ingredients, bake in a bunt for about 40 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment