Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oatmeal Pancakes II

I awoke this morning to the smell of buttery pancakes, lofting up from the kitchen. I guess my little sister had pancakes this morning before she went to school. I had some leftover oats in yogurt in the fridge, so I decided to make myself some oatmeal pancakes. This recipe is a bit different from the other one, I used yogurt instead of buttermilk, and oat bran instead of flour.

This is a recipe for a small batch for one person:

1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/2 cup plain yogurt

Mix together and leave in the fridge for a day or two.

1 egg
1/4 cup oat bran
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tablespoon heavy cream
Pinch of salt
Dash of cinnamon

Beat the egg and stir into the oat-yogurt mixture. Stir in the cream. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl, then fold into he batter. Cook on a hot buttered griddle. Makes 2 large pancakes.

I had mine with peanut butter and unsweetened carob chips. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment